Tuesday, April 19

some very official mail

not the greatest picture, I know. but there they are. my actually official on-paper GRE scores. 710 on the verbal, an identical 710 on the quantitative, and a lovely 4.5 for the writing.

so:

if...

unless...

as long as...

some days this plan B seems pretty close. I can see the lofty edges of it against the bright, unreachable sky, and I can almost touch the smooth and flawless ivory stones at the base of the tower.

other days, I can't see anything. I could blame the weather. or my smudged spectacles. but it doesn't really matter the reasons. it's plan B. and the future is inscrutable.

in my very first post about grad school (not counting this ancient one, anyway), I said:
this all might be very pointless.
I'm going to do it anyway.
with every might, there is also a might not. I just have to swallow them both and keep walking. there will be stars to shine on whichever path I end up taking.

2 comments:

Julie and Nate said...

Oh man, good luck with your future plans/not plans. I'm sure it will all turn out. If you do come up sometime.... You better call me, okay? I miss visiting with you.

Amelia Chesley said...

I will, definitely. :) maybe I'll just come to cache valley this weekend instead of idaho...