Wednesday, August 19

don't psychoanalyze the elf

I'm studying for the GRE.

yeah.

I never study for anything, usually. I'm one of those people.

But my new goal in life is to get a perfect score on this test. all possible points, all the best answers--all of it. I've always been good at taking tests, so I figure it won't be that much of a stretch.

we found a practice book at the library. one of those Princeton Review things, highly recommended. I like it lots. if I end up writing books like that someday, I hope I can make them as funny as whoever wrote that one did (example: the title of this post, copied straight from one of this book's section headings. isn't that great?).

I'm beginning to realize that this goal of mine is a fairly pointless one. most graduate programs won't care a ton whether or not I have a perfect score on this silly test. but it's just something I want to try. and I'm just cocky enough to think I actually have a chance. seriously.

learning all the vocabulary and things is great fun. it's the math that's gonna be hard.

I'm thinking I'll register to take the test sometime in November. that means I have until then to be deciding on schools to attend, programs to apply for...

again, this all might be very pointless.

I'm going to do it anyway.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Wow, what a lofty goal. I hope you achieve it! I don't dare strive for a perfect score on the LSAT, I'll be happy if I can muster just a few points better than my previous attempt. :)

Amelia Chesley said...

I'm sure you'll do great. do you know where you want to go to law school yet?