Tuesday, September 27

moving on to more tragic news

part of me is almost ashamed to call the frustration of my internship 'tragic' when there was a car wreck yesterday that killed seven of my fellow students here at Utah State. when we found out about it last night we were worried for a while until we found out more of the details. Nobody I personally knew was involved, but it is still very sad news.

interning today I completely failed to solve the design problem Leslie put in front of me, and then the entire month's worth of submission records were lost. we don't know whose fault that was, but the only copy I had of the file is now unaccessible.
this means I shall have to type them all again.

one of my colleagues at my lovely part-time catering job has quit. this is just following his assurance to me that it's okay i didn't get that webmaster position i wanted, they need me here in the kitchen. i wonder if he was planning to quit all along and that's why he was glad i didn't have any excuse to beat him to it.
it's going to be hard without him. and i admit i'm somewhat angry that he's escaped.
ah well.

I'm applying for more jobs. I'm working a lot. I'm staying on top of all my coursework.

Coming soon:

an essay on the rhetoric of movie trailers
a completely fictional newsletter of Amelia's life
and other such learning-related nonsense.

stay tuned.

No comments: