Wednesday, September 21

so unlucky i might just give up

I was expecting a happy phone call today.

Instead, I get this email:

I am sorry to let you know that the projects the professors are involved in require someone with a working knowledge of sql databases, flash, Javascript, and CSS in addition to webdesigning. Thank you so much for your application and willingness to help us out! Your websites are great, and I know you’ll be a great success!

Gutted.

I know it's silly to be all emotional, but this same rejection has happened to me four times in the last month. Is this what the rest of my professional life will consist of? Slavery sprinkled with useless bits of hope?

1 comment:

Chris said...

You know, they'll have found this someone with knowledge of SQL databases, flash, Javascript, CSS, molecular biology, quantum physics, brain surgery, the meaning of life, etc... but I bet you this person doesn't have a single ounce of creativity or imagination. It's their loss, Amelia. They're looking for the wrong thing.

Keep at it. All the geniuses get rejections.