Monday, April 18

laziness

so.... on friday i resolved to be diligent and get a lot of work done over the weekend.

no work happened.

i did meet with jerilynn and finish our project for 3400, but that is the only time I even halfway thought about doing work. instead, i went out and played volleyball (possibly my least favourite sport) and got a sunburn. it was fun.

there is a lot of stuff I meant to do and didn't. I'm okay with that. I still have time. I can do it.

right now i'm redesigning Blank Publishing. I've decided that I need photoshop. It's the only way to get really nice designs and make them work. Dreamweaver is cool too, but without photoshop I can't imagine doing anything cool.

So... hey, dad, how much begging would it take for you to buy me photoshop? Pleeeease?

anyway. I've got lots more content to organize for my portfolio, but that's about all. as far as the design goes it's pretty set. The funny thing is... I'm already having ideas about redesigning it. But I'm making myself leave it alone at least until I turn it in. After that it'll be all mine to do with as I please. How exciting.

I don't know if I've found my place yet, but I'm feeling more confident every day. That's life I guess. You learn enough to get you through what you're going through, and then you always have to keep learning more. It never ends. And really, who would want it to?

I decided the other day that ignorance is bliss not because it keeps you safe from the horrible truths of the world, but because it allows you room to discover them. even the horrible ones are beautiful (just ask keats.)

okay, enough philosophy.

things to remember:
add 'back to top' link anchors for your long pages
make sure all your external links open have _blank targets. it just makes more sense.
write contextual paragraphs
no more playing volleyball or watching movies or skipping class until your projects are finished!

No comments: