Thursday, April 7

insanely busy

I was so concerned about getting my portfolio ready for the alpha testing today that I didn't have any time to blog. So this is late--

Dreamweaver can be really frustrating sometimes. I like it, and it really helps me with my design and doing things far more quickly than if i had to remember code and type stuff out, but sometimes I just wish it would behave. There are cool bits I had to leave out of this draft of my portfolio because I couldn't figure out how to make them work-- *mental note: ask rylish about library elements and css and junk

I made a lot of progress, despite Dreamweaver hating me. The template finally worked, and I was able to apply it to oodles of pages without trouble. i just hope updating it is just as simple...

I added lots of content and have lots more to add... *mental note 2 : ask rylish about file formats and junk.

I didn't end up messing with flash at all, like I thought I might want to do. However, i'm not ruling out the possibility of adding it later... I still have my artwork/illustrations to think about. mental note 3 : ask rylish about that too...maybe...

This morning in Web Design we're learning buttons and pop up menus. Very interesting. The complexity of this stuff makes me a little nervous... but maybe I'll try it on my Blank Publishing site.

No comments: