Thursday, January 27

cluelessness

Our first major assignment, the proposal memo for our web portfolios, is due today. Mine has come together fairly well considering I have very little idea what I'm actually doing.

How dangerous is it to admit that kind of thing, I wonder? What if success for the most part hinges on concealing the fact that you've had to make everything up as you go along? Sometimes I suspect that this must be the case. Nobody can be so knowledgeable, so confident and assured that they never have to make things up as they go along. In fact, making things up as one goes along must be a sign of genius, or at least of great wisdom, clarity of thought, and creativity. I wonder if I'll ever really feel like I can do that and not have to be afraid of making mistakes all the time.

No comments: