Friday, February 12

wandering

"...our brains are very active when we daydream – much more active than when we focus..." -Professor Kalina Christoff
I borrowed this quote from a blog about distractivity. I'm not going to say much about it. all I'm going to do is place it next to another quote, from this fellow about ommwriter:
"My favorite feature of OmmWriter is the soundtrack. .... The keyboard sounds have variation and generally don’t annoy. My favorite is #7, which I call: 'My old school typewriter and I sitting at the bottom of a well'. OmmWriter leads with a simple idea: creativity has a soundtrack." 
I used ommwriter to compose the latest sections of the novel I'm working on for our writing group, which meets next Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. in our front room. ommwriter's soundtrack, even without the recommended pair of headphones, does indeed lend one's brain a perfect audioscape for wandering around in.

while I'm quoting things, here--have a snippet of said novel:
They played. They jazzed. Kia soon realized that her ancient cowboy trinket clashed hugely with the techno-soul of Bruce's digital sax, so she stopped and joined Soak on the opposite curb. He had his telio out, recording. Kia watched, took out her own system and did some recording of her own: Celia with green hair--Celia with green hair jazzing on a dirty dead-end street corner with a strange earth boy, no less--deserved to be posted in at least someone's digital scrapbook.

No comments: