Monday, November 7

of chocolate things

there is a tradition among my fellow scholars at Purdue, that after all the back-to-school meetings that happen on the Friday before classes start, we convene somewhere to eat, drink, and be merry for a while. last August it happened to be at The Black Sparrow

that day was the first day I tried the mosaic cake. 

the menu at Sparrow changes a lot, but lately it has had this delightful line listed under the "Small Plates" section of its specials:
MOSAIC CAKE / A FEW DIFFERENT LAYERS OF CHOCOLATE THINGS IN CAKE FORM WITH BERRY SAUCE    7
and ever since that August Friday, I have been in love with it. mouse and sponge and fudgey smooth beautifulness. I've had it three times this semester and am not sick of it yet. I hope they keep it on their menu a while longer.

No comments: