Thursday, July 14

moment

on the bus the other morning, a fellow hopped on at the 7th street stop and sat down with a dense, serious-looking paperback. not much later, a woman at 3rd street waved for the bus and sat down next to the man with the paperback. she wore a pink skirt. she had her own paperback--a more colorful one than his. she put a hand on his shoulder and kissed him, and they both settled in their seats to read as the bus turned some corners and crossed the river to the west side of town.

it was a nice moment to observe, the niceness of which reminds me somewhat of a time last Christmas when I watched my little sister and her husband discuss complicated beyond-me modeling software of some sort-- technical things, math and physics and methods of calculation.

the niceness of observable well-matchedness, I guess it is.

No comments: