Tuesday, February 15

blue and yellow, not pink

yes, I have been baking cupcakes. again.
no, this is not a food blog.

yes, I do have a lot of other stuff going on in my life aside from eating and drinking and merry-making. 'such as?' you ask. well, let me tell you.

we're working on chapter 12 of Starcustard. yes, really.

I am just about to email some old professors of mine and ask for letters of recommendation. first thing tomorrow. promise.

my dad is coming to town on Tuesday. we shall probably go eat ice cream somewhere. I hope.

also, there are various sewing, painting, and song-writing projects better left in the background for now. and of course I need not mention most of the mundane and regular things I spend time doing, like reading and yoga and laundry and sleeping. who cares about all that stuff?

but these cupcakes. they are beautiful, aren't they? I found the recipe over on smitten kitchen, which unlike mine is a real food blog--a very dedicated and cheerfully expert one. I wish the woman posted more often.

as it is, I have her to thank for providing this brilliant lemon-blueberry cake recipe in answer to the quest I sent myself on the other week. I needed to find something sweet and tart and perfect. these are it.

5 comments:

Chris said...

Quest quest quest.

Quest.

Your brain is a food blog.

N said...

...QUEST

Well you have definitely convinced me to make them now. Next week.

Also, I am waiting for chapter 12 GUYSSS! Save me from the business studies books.

The Merrills said...

Your cupcakes look delicious!!! I have been trying to find a good receipe and have tried 4 so far and they are all blah so good on ya for having yours look delicious!!

Amelia Chesley said...

thank you, thank you!

you totally should make them, Nic.

and Mandy... I must confess they look nicer in the pictures then they did when we actually got around to eating them. the powdered sugar soaked in to the lemony glaze... but they still tasted quite marvelous, I say.

Chris, your face. and yes, the word 'quest' still looks funny. perhaps less funny than before... but still funny.

Chris said...

Your face looks funny.