Wednesday, October 7

whatever you say

a few things I have recently figured out:
  • just as genius brother says, jquery is indeed pretty awesome
  • php is not nearly as hard as it looks
  • wordpress does not seem to be as cool as it looks.
  • with google, all things are possible.
I cannot and may not ever be able to call myself a programmer. at this point, even webdesigner is a tortuous stretch of description. there are so many ways this new website could be better than it is.

here are my thanks to Bekah for the chance to pick through all this once-forgotten and unknown mess of knowledge among the piles of junk in the dark corners of my brain and in the not-so-dark corners of the world wide web. may I humbly present to you the completed Sugarbee Cookies website.
programming is such a mysterious thing. tiny little bits, very basic concepts and such, are collecting like lint in my pockets--but it's so vastly more complicated and powerful than lint, this stuff. you can do anything you want. anything. just say it in the right words and magically... things happen. you can say this = that and pull things out of everywhere and put it somewhere else entirely.

for helping me endure this round of beating the code into submission, I am indebted to the following tutorials: this one, by Mr. Vaswani and this one, by Mr. Dhandhania (if those are indeed their real names.)

ahead of me is a long road, shadowed and precarious and crowded and messy. I can still turn back. but what if the road is just as long and precarious in the other direction?