Friday, September 18

between and among

autumn. it's hiding somewhere out there, shy and rustling, pretending we can't see it coming.

it's been raining this week. this makes me feel a bit more at home. it feels sort of backwards to say that. moving from Seattle to this desert where I was born doesn't automatically mean I've left home, but... I guess it's all a trade off. I get mountains. sunrises. snow, in a month or two. but I miss the smell of pines and rain, the far-off gray and clear, slick green.

but autumn. such a comfortable season. like your oldest friend grabbing your hand and tugging you along. you're not sure where you're going, but the sensation of going there--running down the crooked sidewalks with the wind in your hair, your coat flapping around you and leaves scattering the sky--that's plenty good enough no matter where you end up.

No comments: