Thursday, August 27

a miscellany

I drew myself this sticky note so I'd learn to focus and finish things. I drew the angry face to inspire some sort of seriousness about the whole attempt. none of it really worked.

my dad says all women are six-lane highways. there's a lot of stuff we have to try and do all at once. that means sometimes there are massive pile-ups and everything smashes together into a screeching confusion.

so that's just the way it is, I guess. unavoidable damage along the roads of every day life. but somehow things do get done. don't ask me how; I think it's one of the miracles of existence.

up until thismorning, when On the Road was far, far downstairs and Jack London in Paradise was just across the room, I had been managing to be in the middle of only one book at a time. very rarely does that happen.

speaking of Jacks, have I mentioned this cool band I met half of a few weeks ago yet? they're called Coffee Bean Jack and the Panic Attacks. I have a recording lying around somewhere of half of them singing a song... what was that song called, anyway? I have no idea. but it was rather amazing. I'll let you google them yourself and find their not-as-ugly-as-most myspace page, if you'll just trust me that they're worth the humiliation and debasement it will cost you (if you're anything like the snobby geek I am, that is) to actually follow a URL that says 'myspace' in it. and speaking of geekiness, I'd like to know who put together their cute flying coffee mug logo thing.
and so the week goes on. I've been biking every day since Tuesday. I've been climbing trees and scribbling stories about alien girls and falling in love with the mountains again. autumn is the best season ever.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I'm always happy when I read your posts and see your awesome doodles. :)

Amelia Chesley said...

why thank you. I'm always happy to impart small specks of awesomeness.