Tuesday, July 7

i'm sorry if it reminds you of toothpaste

I like having the kitchen to myself. it's quiet. nobody gets in your way. you get in nobody's way. you can move from the pantry to the table to the cupboards without tripping over people or kicking anyone in the knee. you can leave bits of chocolate all over the counter without worrying about it getting stolen by your little brothers. it's lovely.

and this is what I did with my kitchen solitude:
I took them to church and they all got eaten. neither I nor my brothers got to taste the fluffy white cake with pink peppermint frosting and chocolate stars or stripes.

now we'll just have to make more.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

those look delicious! Do you think you could mail them to me?

Amelia Chesley said...

nope. you should just come visit.

Julie and Nate said...

Very cute. You should be a sugar artist.

Jeff said...

Do you think you could email me one of those?

Amelia Chesley said...

i could try...

speaking of sugar artists, Julie, have you seen what this woman can do?